November 6, 2004

Interesting experiences in meditation

One of my interests is meditation. I tend to meditate about an hour a day. I tend to be less stressed than I used to be before meditation and, as a result of that, people have said that I look younger than my actual age. I've had some interesting experiences*, such as having my eyes closed yet seeing things as if my eyes were open, but last night I had a new experience. My hands started to vibrate. Not shake, as might happen if one were cold, nervous, or scared, but a much more subtle vibration. Even though it was subtle, it was enough to startle me. Of course, after that, it went away and never came back. Has anyone else had such an experience?

* - Of course I realize that those experiences are not the purpose of meditation.

No comments: