February 1, 2005
One of the computers at work, for whatever reason, refused to have Macromedia Flash working in Internet Explorer (Exploiter). It looks like it would install, but would refuse to load any Flash files. IT took a look at it, tried many things, but was unable to fix it. This was at least a month ago. The need for this particular computer to view Flash came up again, and last night as I was playing around, I noticed that Firefox used a different download for Flash than IE. I installed Firefox on this computer, then Flash, and it played Flash files just fine. Needless to say the user for this computer was pleased. I was pleased to see Open Source software once again succeed where proprietary software has problems (in case you were wondering, ask about my adventure in formating my brand new hard drives when I first got my current computer).