February 5, 2009

A site and a program for learning Hiragana and Katakana

I'm looking at the possibility of travelling to Japan next year, and because of that as well as my love of Japanese culture, I'm wanting to learn Japanese. My main focus is on learning to read and speak Japanese.

The difficult part of learning to read Japanese is the various character sets: Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Right now I am wanting to focus on learning Hiragana and Katakana and want to memorize each character. I have found a program and a site to help me with that.

The program is Kanatest and is for Linux. It will produce the character and you type in the Romaji equivalent for it.

The site is easyjapanese.org and it has quizzes for learning Hiragana and Katakana as well as a Kana Invaders game.

Do you know of a good site or program for learning Hiragana and Katakana? Please share them here!

No comments: