September 16, 2012

Why I'm Considering Dumping NoScript in Firefox

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea of NoScript.  Not having to run Javascript code I do not need to run a page, potentially making it faster, is a grand idea.  Plus, it potentially adds some security by not having every script run.

But NoScript has a problem.  It will block scripts but not show them in the NoScript menu for me to enable - and I need them for some pages to run.  I have verified this by running a similar add-on in Chromium (Chrome) which shows more scripts to unblock, which NoScript does not even show.  At this time, I have no desire to move to Chromium, mainly because I like having a menu bar, and it appears the only way to have one is to use Chrome on OS X, whose UI forces a menu bar at the top.

No comments: