June 29, 2005

Internet Access from Home and Work

For a number of reasons I won't get into, I had to download a CD full of drivers and software from HP for one of their All-In-Ones. I downloaded it at work, but it ended up being corrupted, so I tried downloading it here from home and will see how it works. Why from home? Well, the file is about 500 MB.

Time to download at work: 8.5 hours
Time to download at home: 55 minutes

Yeah, pathetic. I never thought I'd see the day where my home access is faster than work. One of the main reasons the speed is so bad at work is because some libraries are on the same Internet access pipe...along with the whole public that comes by to use the public computers. Thankfully, from what I hear, they will finally be moving to their own pipe in July. That should help.

No comments: