November 19, 2005

My Quick Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Review

I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night. I had a number of disappointments with Prisoner of Azkaban due to the disappearance of key points in the story. I went in wondering if one of those key points would be taken care of in the Goblet of Fire - basically where Sirius Black threatens Harry's Uncle and Aunt to treat Harry right or there will be problems. It wasn't there, nor were his Uncle and Aunt (as the movie starts at the Weasley's house), which doesn't bug me too much as it would most likely slow up the movie and his Uncle and Aunt get tiresome very quickly.

The movie went at a good pace - it didn't feel too fast or slow. Very good special effects, though the Sirius Black in the fireplace scene was not how I visualized it.

I would've liked a little bit more character development in the movie - things just had a "this is how they are" feel to it, though it didn't leave me in disbelief.

Overall this was a very good movie. Definitely better than Prisoner of Azkaban.

No comments: