March 12, 2006

It's been a while

Yes, it has been a while since I posted. I got "busy" getting over a cold, then emotional issues, and just recently got over what I believe was a food induced illness.

I completed my photography class on lighting shortly after my last post and only today had the outdoor group photo shoot. Sadly, my photos came out like crap because they were all overexposed, due to a long exposure time. Oh well, I've learned my lesson. I prefer outdoor shoots compared to being in the studio mostly for the fact that it is cheaper. Also, with outdoors you tend to get more props and create many different shots that you couldn't recreate in a studio. Granted, you get to control the lighting in the studio and it does make some great shots.

I can't say I care much for group photo shoots, as it gets very crowded and it makes it difficult to move around and try different positions and angles without getting in someone else's way. At the same time, I am thankful for the group photo shoots as I am not completely comfortable yet with a camera where I can focus more on the model, so I don't have to worry about that here. I also have to learn more poses for a model.

We did work with reflectors and a scrimmer today, so I am pleased to have gotten that experience. I'm going to look into getting some in the future.

No comments: