May 27, 2009

An American Airlines Rant

I had a business trip last week and had chosen American Airlines as it had the schedule I preferred. I was a bit reluctant with the checked-in baggage fee, but was willing to put that aside more a more agreeable schedule.

About a month or so before the flight, the flight times changed. My flight out went from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Annoying, but I could live with it. The trip back, however, was obnoxious. It changed from 8:10 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Combine that with the check-in time plus transportation to the airport, and you're getting up before farmers even get up. That is what bothered me the most.

I was also a bit bothered by their lack of consistency on the flights. I had one layover each way, for a total of four flights. One of those flights actually had a free small bag of snack mix. But not on the other three, even though they were pretty much identical.

At this rate, flying American Airlines is going to be a last resort for me.

No comments: