November 10, 2004

Strange November weather

This evening, as I left work, I looked west towards the Sierra Mountains, seeing the clouds of an approaching storm. The clouds looked darker than normal, almost having an evil feel to them. I saw a flash of light out of the corner of my eye, but thought it was just the headlights of a car as it makes a turn. It wasn't until I was driving in my car that I finally saw it - there was actually lightning in the sky. I've never seen lightning this late in the year. It is very weird to be wearing a heavy jacket to keep warm and have weather you would associate with the summer happening outside.

I arrived home, got my mail, and as I got back into my garage to get my things out of my car, the rain started to fall, as if nature waited for me to take cover.

For more information on lightning, see http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast05dec_1.htm.

No comments: